You can celebrate a variety of holidays during this holiday season. Remember the golden rule for any promotion: Focus on reaching a business objective. What do you want to achieve, and how will it be tracked?
National Employee Appreciation Day (March 1)
This was covered in our previous article but deserves to be included here. Did you know that it costs 33% of an employee’s salary for a company to replace them with someone else? It’s no wonder so many companies celebrate Employee Appreciation Day. Finding and keeping the best people is expensive.
Don’t just give away free pizza in the break room. Appreciating employees is a great way to make an organization shine and to bring you in front of potential customers.
- We’ll give you coffee. Do you have a quick-serve restaurant nearby? Offer your employees a complimentary breakfast or coffee. Send an email campaign using Clover’s Promotions App.
- Office catering. Many companies provide food to their employees. Explore catering specials for healthy and exciting food that will make your day memorable.
- Throw a party. Did you consider renting your space out for special events? Invite businesses to rent your area for a cocktail party or dinner.
Remember your employees, too, especially after a busy period. Turnover is one of the biggest enemies of your business and can eat into profits. Do a job that your employees dislike or take a lot of time. You could clean out the grease traps or stay late to close. Give them a break by offering to do these things on occasion. Here are some more suggestions to reward employees after the holiday rush.
National Pi Day (March 14)
It’s not just mathematicians and bakeries who celebrate Pi Day! If you’re a baker, offering discounts on pies is a great idea.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Pi Day with your family and friends:
- Sponsor an online contest. Find customers who have submitted the best pi-day story. The winner gets a freebie or deep discount.
- Hold a tasting event. Ask customers to vote for their favorite pi-inspired dish.
- Invite a few friends. Offer special discounts on large dishes that are meant to be shared. To be eligible, groups must consist of at least three people. Pi is 3,1415…
- Be creative when pricing. Price a popular beverage at $3.14.
- Reward nerds. Ask servers to quiz customers on Pi trivia and offer free dessert or upgrades for the winners.