Our list includes some of the top restaurant payroll software solutions available. We also look at some key features and pros and cons that you should consider when deciding which solution is best for your business.
ADP provides restaurant owners powerful tools, including scheduling, tip calculation, and communication about pay. ADP is scalable and works for a small business or a large chain.
- Payroll processing that is accurate, comprehensive, and quick
- Tracking minimum wage and tip requirements with detail-oriented solutions
- Employees can now pay electronically
- Integration of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Employees can access their pay and other information on the move with mobile access
ADP offers four payroll packages: HR Pro, Complete, Enhanced, and Essential. You’ll be asked to fill out a form that asks for basic business information. They currently offer three months free if you sign up to process payroll.
Gusto is proud to offer a high-functioning, easy-to-use platform that empowers clients and employees. The platform works equally well for companies with multiple locations and small businesses. Clients can scale their plans as their business grows.
Key Gusto features include:
- Hire and onboarding tools like offer letters, checklists, and software setup
- Pay runs unlimited and automated, including tax filings and payments, as well as year-end reports
- Help with tip compliance, pay adjustments and FLSA
- Reporting options: pre-made and customized
- Employee profile management is made easy with this free app
Clients can customize the templates to suit their specific needs. Also, the insurance features are currently only available in 39 States.
Gusto’s pricing starts at $40/month plus $6/month for each person. Custom packages and higher-tier plans are also available.
Paychex is designed to meet ever-changing workplace needs where employees can be on-site, remote, or hybrid. Paychex can manage payroll, benefits, and HR functions in an easy-to-use platform.
Paychex has several vital features, including:
- Payroll processing that is fast and accurate
- Import payroll data into your accounting program. QuickBooks Online (and Xero).
- Experts that can help clients to understand the ever-changing employment regulations and laws
- You and your employees can set up 401(k), and you will be able to manage them.
- Partnering with leading national and regional insurance companies
- Platform support is available 24/7
- App for employees and clients
You’ll be asked to fill out a short form about your company to receive a quote.
Homebase is a comprehensive payroll solution that helps with tax filing and job postings. Homebase is an excellent solution for restaurants looking for a payroll and HR solution.
The following are some of the top Homebase features:
- Tools for time tracking and scheduling
- Tax payments/filings automated for unlimited pay runs
- Calculation of overtime and wages, multiple wage rates, and bonuses/commissions
- An app that allows employees to access their schedule, pay, and more
Homebase Payroll is $39/month, plus $6/month for each active employee. Homebase Payroll is only available to clients who have signed up for the core Homebase scheduling and time-tracking packages. These plans begin at $0/month with a basic account, unlimited employees, and one location. Higher-level Versions cost between $20 and $80 per location per month. Additional services, such as job posting boosts and live chats with HR Pros and HR Pro advisors, are charged extra.
Dolce simplifies the client’s workflow by combining scheduling, timekeeping, and payroll integration with POS. Clients can manage all these functions from one screen within their Labor Center. You can also monitor sales in real-time and generate projected and current labor analytics.
Dolce also features:
- Report generation
- Payroll solutions with a single click
- Track punch-ins/punch-outs and all scheduling
- Manage multiple locations with a single account
- Employee mobile app accessibility
- Manage tip distribution, PTO, breaks, and other compliance areas specific to the restaurant sector
Dolce is praised for its ease of use. However, some reviews report that it can be slow and may have some glitches if you switch between the desktop and mobile formats.
Three pricing plans are available, ranging between $3 and $7 per user. A minimum charge of $75 is required each month. There may be fees for payroll integrations, customized payroll outputs, and setup.