LinkedIn Events unveils new features
We’ve told you how to use LinkedIn to market yourself and your events, and now the LinkedIn Events application has undergone an overhaul. In the past year, more than 1 million RSVPs were made on LinkedIn, wrote Jimmy Chen in a LinkedIn blog post last month. In it, he outlined changes to LinkedIn Events to make it easier to connect with other attendees, among other new features. Upgrades include:
1. Events being organized by connections in your network now appear in your Network Update stream. The Events application homepage also provides recommendations of events you might be interested in based on your profession, location, networks and more.
2. LinkedIn users now can search for specific events using an updated event search function with filters for industry, event location and more.
3. The application includes a thread on event pages called “Attendees You May Want to Meet,” recommended to you based on your profile details. You can search the attendee list by industry or company, as well.
4. LinkedIn now provides customizable event logos, and shares event details with all LinkedIn users searching for your event.
5. Once a user RSVPs to an event, LinkedIn can add it to the user’s calendar and provide travel information and directions.
Learn more about LinkedIn events at events.linkedin.com.